Competency Standard I: To establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment
Unit one of the training covered the CDA content area Planning a Safe and Healthy Learning Environment.
- This Reflective Statement must relate directly to the Competency Standard I: To establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment.
- The statement should be no more than 500 words in length.
- Begin with a paragraph describing how your teaching practices meet the Competency Standard I: To establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment. (Note: alternatively, you may also choose to write one paragraph for each Functional Area, if this makes it easier to express your thoughts more clearly.)
- After submitting the assignment, you will receive a copy of it in your email. Save it, and be sure to have a friend or co-worker proof it for you.
- Type it on the template provided, and print off to include in your Professional Portfolio.
- Example Competency Statement #1 (Sample: NOT TO BE DUPLICATED)
The Professional Portfolio is compiled independently by each CDA Candidate as part of the CDA credentialing process. The compiled resources and documents are reviewed by the CDA PD Specialist during the CDA Verification Visit.