DIY Recycled Outdoor Music Station
- Student will develop motor skills
- Student will develop their musical abilities
CDA Competency Standard: II.7.2a
- Activities and materials encourage children to dance, move and develop their musical abilities
- a) Music and dance/movement materials and activities are available for children daily
- empty cans
- canning rings
- Request students to paint the empty cans and rings using the paint
- Once dry, find an appropriate spot on the playground to hang them along with bells. This can be along a fence or in a tree.
- Invite students to use the sticks to explore the different sounds made when stuck
- Observe and record the child’s musical abilities. Did they create a song? Did they show any rhythm or make any patterns?